2023 CAPCA Throwback Photo Memory Contest Official Rules
This year’s photo contest is all about photos from CAPCA events (i.e. Annual Conference, chapter events, CE meetings, Spring Summit, etc.)! Do you have great photo memories from a previous CAPCA event? We want to see them!
Entrants must be eighteen (18) years or older, must be an amateur photographer (one who does not regularly receive income from photography), and must be a current 2023 CAPCA Member.
- September 1, 2023 – Submission Deadline
- October 2023 – Winner Announcements at CAPCA Annual Conference
- 2024 – Winning Photos Published in the Adviser magazine as part of CAPCA’s 50th Anniversary celebration, on the CAPCA website, and throughout CAPCA Social Media platforms.
Judging will be held by committee/panel review. All decisions are final. CAPCA reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
Each entrant may enter as many photos as they would like but is eligible to win only one (1) prize.
Winners will be chosen for each of the following prizes:
- One Grand Prize winner – Complimentary Annual Conference Admission for 2024 in Anaheim, CA
- One First Place winner – SWAG bundle including a $200 Disney gift card
- One Second Place winner Prize – SWAG bundle including a $150 Disney gift card
- Honorable Mentions – The committee will make decisions about Honorable Mentions based on content submitted and may choose 2-3 winners. Honorable Mention winners will receive a SWAG bundle including a Disney gift card and may be featured in issues of the Adviser magazine.
Rules & Submission Specifications:
- All photos must be original work taken by the entrant. No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is non-transferable.
- Entrants must submit photo(s) in digital format. If you are submitting a photo that was taken with film, please take a digital photo of it for submission. If it wins, CAPCA will work with you to get a higher-resolution scan done.
- Photos may not contain any product placement or promotional material (e.g. company logo).
- Entrants must submit photo credit information, title of photo, year taken, and caption/description (may include a memory and/or people’s names) for each photo submitted.
- Photo subject matter must be from any previous CAPCA event (i.e. Annual Conference, chapter events, CE meetings, Spring Summit, etc.).
- A completed entry form must accompany all photo submissions.
- Images not meeting the contest submission specifications will be ineligible for prize selection. However, they may be selected to be viewable on an online gallery on the CAPCA website
Photo Usage Agreement:
By entering the contest, entrants agree that any photo(s) submitted can be used by CAPCA for public relations, advertising, marketing, and/or promotional purposes, across all CAPCA platforms (website, social media, print, etc.).