Job Description: As the Territory Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the base business within the assigned territory which includes South California, Arizona, & Southern Nevada. This role encompasses technical competency with horticultural crops, strong closing skills, and flexible, solution-based sales behavior. Sales efforts will include qualifying prospects, uncovering key needs, and structuring financially sound end-user offers to leverage significant sales growth with appropriate contribution to profit. In this position, you will be responsible for gaining incremental business in end-user accounts by leveraging the entire ICL Growing Solutions product portfolio and the array of technical services. The product lines that you will support include controlled-release fertilizers, water-soluble fertilizers, wetting agents and plant protection products, including but not limited to Osmocote (growwithosmocote.com) and Peters (growwithpeters.com) brands. In this role, you will be traveling a minimum of 50% of the time.
I’m interested! What will I get to do in this position?
• Co/nsistent prospecting is a major component of this position.
• This includes calling on grower accounts and working closely with local distributor sales representatives to uncover key grower needs and identifying new sales opportunities while promoting product lines and innovations per the company direction.
• General Sales Activity
• General sales activity will allow you to set winning trials and create incremental sales gains to deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual sales budgets.
• Sales activity includes building relationships within the industry and training distribution and end-users on ICL’s product line. It will be your responsibility to recommend solutions for field concerns by building and executing territorial sales and marketing plans.
• Communication is key.
• You will be working closely with both internal groups such as Sales Management, Customer Service, Marketing and Finance, as well as external customers such as the distribution channel to achieve successful territory objectives.
• Reporting & Tracking
• Accurate reporting and tracking are necessary to be a successful Territory Manager.
• You will be reporting and tracking customers, projects, monthly field activities, and results using ICL’s CRM (Dynamics365). You will also be assessing results and correcting actions if necessary.
• Customer Service & Complaint Follow-up
• Provide ample customer service.
• Compliant follow-up includes investigating issues while procuring resources for settlement to aid all customer complaints.
Duties, Qualifications, & Requirements:
What skills and experience do I need to be successful in this role?
• Must currently reside in Southern California.
• Bachelor’s degree in horticulture/business or a closely related field preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience in horticulture sales or a related industry preferred.
• Proven sales process experience with a successful sales track record.
• This includes the ability to negotiate and close business as well as knowledge on how to set, monitor, and measure product trials.
• Strong business acumen to leverage the company portfolio to end-users.
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds
• Skilled within Microsoft Suite products (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Valid driver’s license with the ability and willingness to travel overnight in excess of 50% of the time.
What will set me apart?
• Working knowledge of Salesforce
• PCA license (Required)
• CCA license (Preferred)
ICL Job Level: 14 – 15, dependent on experience
Salary Range: $59,150- $149,500
Annual Bonus Target: 20%, subject to plan provisions.
We’ve Got You Covered
ICL is committed to offering you a comprehensive set of benefits to empower you and your family physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. The benefits we offer to our diverse and inclusive workforce include:
• Competitive base pay and performance bonus
• Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits that start quickly – the first of the month after hire
• Tax-advantaged health savings and spending accounts (when applicable)
• Wellness Incentive Program to lower your health insurance cost
• Generous Leave and FMLA policies
• Prescription program that provides most generic maintenance medications at no cost (including Insulin products & EpiPens)
• 401k eligibility from day one of employment with a generous company matching contribution. 100% vested after one year of service
• Employee Assistance Program
• Student Loan Assistance
• Free membership to a program that offers various discounts for travel, entertainment, groceries, and much more
Who is ICL?
ICL is a leading global specialty minerals and chemicals company that creates impactful solutions for humanity’s sustainability challenges in global food, agriculture, and industrial markets. ICL leverages its unique bromine, potash and phosphate resources, its passionate team of talented employees and its strong focus on R&D and technological innovation to drive growth across its end markets. Our agricultural products feed the world’s growing population, our food additives enable greater access to higher quality food, our potash and phosphate products are essential components for the pharma industry and our bromine-based materials and phosphates contribute to a more energy efficient and environmentally friendly planet.
ICL’s operations are organized under four segments: Industrial Products (Bromine), Potash, Phosphate Solutions and Growing Solutions. With approximately 12,000 employees worldwide, ICL operates mining and production sites located in Israel, Europe, North and South America and China which are supported by worldwide distribution and supply chains. Due to strong synergies between its business units and their mutual support, ICL benefits from its advantageous size, geographical spread, and operational flexibility. With a culture based upon leadership, innovation, and sustainability, ICL is well positioned to be an Employer of Choice within the communities in which we operate.
How to Apply?
Email Chelsea Jones: Chelsea.Jones@icl-group.com